We will explain charges for orthodontic treatment at your initial examination appointment. Fees are based on the severity of the problem and the expected treatment time. As a service to our patients, we provide
- Payment in-full discounts (cash or check payments)
- Automatic account withdrawal
- Automatic credit card withdrawal
- Monthly payment plans
We accept payment by cash, check, MasterCard and Visa. Flexible Spending Account and Health Saving Account debit cards are also accepted.
If you have orthodontic insurance, we will help you determine the coverage you have available. We ask that you assign your insurance benefits to us. Your financial arrangements with our office will be based on the amount of the fee that is left after insurance benefits are applied.
We will file your claim and monitor the proper payment by your insurance company. Most insurance companies pay orthodontic benefits over the course of treatment, not in one lump sum. Your policy must remain in effect until the full benefit is received because any amount not received from the insurance company remains your responsibility.
What Does My Orthodontic Fee Cover?
Your Treatment Fee Includes:
- Orthodontic Records (radiographs, photos and models)
- Diagnosis of your orthodontic needs and treatment planning
- Orthodontic Consultation (case presentation and pre treatment education)
- Braces and/or any appliances used to correct tooth alignment and the bite relationship
- Periodic orthodontic adjustments and any emergency visits
- Your first set of retainers
- Retainer check appointments that occur after braces are removed
What Additional Costs Might Arise During Treatment?
Your Treatment Fee Does Not Include:
- Any procedure completed by another dental professional (ex. Extractions, additional cleanings, fillings or cosmetic restorations)
- Any procedure completed by an oral surgeon (ex. Extractions, removal of third molars, implants or Jaw Surgery)
- Additional Records completed by another dentist or oral surgeon (Cone Beam Scan) Replacement of lost, broken or worn out retainers Repair or replacement of permanent retainers
We will try to make you aware of any additional costs that may arise for your care during our initial examination for orthodontic care.